Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We'll show him!

WJ-2752-SE6: Exercise 1. Investigating Reference Assignment.

I created a separate project for WJ-2752-SE6 in Eclipse. I am thinking about going back over WJ-2751 in Eclipse before progressing to 2753. The lab actually comes with readymade projects. But I am having a go at it separately.

Our first task in this lab appears to be to create a class with an x and y integer attributes and a method called toString(). We ran into a small snag doing it from scratch. The exercise already had some classes defined. I copied them into NotePad++ and then recreated them in Eclipse in the package I am using for this exercise.
Array constants can only be used in initializers! Thank the CS department at Cornell for getting to the top of Google on that search term. What I need to do is assign the values x and y in the declaration of the point. Of course I still seem to be missing something. Opening NetBeans shows me that clearly there is something important in the IDE files that I remain ignorant of. Apparently there is something specific to the instantiation of a variable in a constructor that I am not really certain as to the meaning of.

No comments:

Post a Comment