Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So joyously smug...

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I just turned in my first assignment for CS520. I am debating on whether or not to take the quiz today. I am getting a good handle on the language. That is to say my code kicks few errors back and I troubleshoot them pretty readily. Not too shabby for a beginner.

I did the labs for WJ-2751-6E in NetBeans. I installed Eclipse on the recommendation of the lecture notes for CS520. I like Eclipse. It is familiar, relatively so. It’s similar to the new DB2 Workbenches that are replacing the control center. I played around with them and they started to make a lot of sense.

I am going to do the WJ-2752-6E labs in Eclipse now. I am actually pleased with myself for having done all of the 2751 labs at level 1. I was tempted but I didn’t peak at level 2 or 3. I was tempted to peak at my labs when I did my first assignments for CS520, but I didn’t. I took a break after missing something obvious and there it was plain as day. I had commented a hypothesis for why it wasn’t working, but it was just a simple non-quotation for the values assigned to the variable. My string values in my methods were right I just assigned my variable values that were interpreted as identifiers that hadn’t been declared.

But, I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment