Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ouch, My Combinatorical Engine Hurts!

1. I love learning new things.
2. I love depth-wise tree searches, even though they are not always optimal.
3. I loved taking Math in college.
4. It felt magical to be able to predict the next lesson.
5. I love that basic principles of combinatorics are the reasons for 2, 4, and by extension of 4, a part of the reason for 3.
6. I am not too fond of being reminded of that Socratic maxim to acknowledge how little you by the crushing breadth of the tiniest area of a specific discipline.
7. I love that those sort of crushing breadths might someday be tamed by a team of topologists, educators, and two-banana code monkeys.
8. Of course if that works out I going to need to extract me some monkey brains and get to work applying n-space concepts to data management.
9. Ouch, my combinatorical engine has requested more depth probing threads than I can provide without my vision blurring and my fingers refusing to type.

No comments:

Post a Comment