Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Watch this. He thinks he's learned something.

WJ-2752-SE6: Exercise 2, Creating Customer Accounts.

Again I am working from scratch in Eclipse. Not to worry I have NetBeans handy, and more importantly I have the lab files so I don’t need to create the classes that the lab is dependent on the preexistence of.

Done! I ran into a couple of errors here and there. I kind of fixed them too quickly to write them down or figure out what they were. One of them was a silly one where I was outputting instead of returning values. The one that took me the longest amount of time and almost frustrated me seems to be the point of the lesson.
Recall in exercise one of this same lab the equal sign we used with end and stray that changed end to stray even though we only set stray after we had end set? Well I am sure there is a reason but in this one we declared some variables for a constructor that were supposed to be passed variables from the class and to make a long story and a bunch of semantic errors short we set the constructor values to the variables instead of the variables to the constructor values. How’s that for a tricky little caveat?

I still completed level one without peeking at level two or three. I think I spell peek peak in some previous posts. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment