Friday, November 13, 2009

Cookies

I still haven't completed the last lab in the WJ-2752. It's not that it is hard, it's that I have been busy with higher priority items, and baking. I had a homework that I needed to do because it was grade. It wasn't much of a challenge, but it was hard enough to be pleasant more than just a distraction from what I really want to do, which is find work and make enough money to provide for myself and dragonboy (my son). To that effect I had a Reuben sandwich in Fort Washington. Actually, I went to Fort Washington for an interview. The Reuben sandwich was a foolish afterthought I hope the world isn't so cruel as to punish me for, at least not more than what corned beef already does to my life expectancy.

The interview was for a position programming in VB, SQL, and a smattering of C# with lots of currency conversions and a wide variety of user roles. I hope I get it. I think I would do pretty well in that position, and the commute would be a breeze with a pair of boots (it is getting to be that time of year).

My homework consisted of creating an object to parse a string into multiple variables of different types, creating some JFrames, drawing a smiley face, assigning button behavior, and tiling those JFrames in a cascading fashion when populated by a button click. It was fun. There was a little exception handling too. It would probably be easiest to display an image of a smiley instead of paint one, but that wasn't really in this week's lesson plan, soooo....

I made lemon bars and nutty sugar cookies and dough to use later. I might make some more tommorow depending on ingredients and space to store said cookies. Mike made peanut butter cookies, and the were good and the right shape. My cookies were good, but a little odd shaped. The lemon bars turned out pretty good, even though I think the pan I used was a tiny bit too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment